Popular Posts

Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day(...?)

Ahh, Veteran's Day! The day you see friends thanking their friends and relatives for serving in the military. You might even have some people you know who have served or are currently serving. This is a day of gratitude...right?

Holidays for libertarians are confusing.

Christmas:

"Merry Christmas to everyone! :)"

"Let's see which of my adult friends are stupid enough to still believe in fairy tales."

Columbus Day:

"We should celebrate Leif Ericson Day instead!"

"Happy Settle Onto a New Continent and Slaughter All the Native People Day"

"Why do we even celebrate this holiday?"

"I hate Obama"

Today I, at first, noticed only positive posts about Veteran's Day, both from my normal and libertarian friends. Then I noticed one libertarian page admin post how she is confused on how to feel on this day - she doesn't approve of all that our military does, but she doesn't have anything against the individuals who served. From there, it got worse (this is another page)...

Of course you can see my reply and then the page's reply.

Some dumb shit's response and a third of mine...

The rest of my reply.


For the sake of everyone's sanity, I will refrain from my full rant of why libertarians (and everybody) should not compare the US to Nazi Germany if they want people to be sympathetic to their cause for some other time...

How do I feel about Veteran's Day?

The same how I feel towards all veterans! (Of course not those who are horrible individuals.)

I have a lot of family members who are veterans. It would be very disrespectful for me to brush off their years of service. I do not agree with about all of our military action, but keep in mind of what those who serve do.

I was in AFJROTC in my junior and senior years of high school, and considered joining the military. There are a lot of reasons for why I decided not to, the biggest being that I am a creative person and that all those years serving would result in less writing, stage time, etc. Veterans have given up some (or all) of their lives to be in the military. They have less time to see their family and friends, go to school (although that is usually made up for afterwards), etc. I have nothing against veterans!

So...

Happy Veteran's Day!

Not I Love the Military and All That It Does Day.



Become a Patron!

No comments:

Post a Comment