Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Name all the reasons why the War on Drugs is bad

I just came back from the International Drug Policy Reform Conference in Denver, Colorado. Of course I am going to write on it, but I am super-busy with school and other stuff at the moment (including writing twenty-five pages of a play for a class in six days).

So to not hang y'all up for too long, I'm giving you an activity to do...

In the comments, name a reason why the Drug War is bad. If you can, please give us a detailed description on why.

Sure, not too long ago (more accurately, two posts ago), I wrote "Why ending the War on Drugs is so important to me," but I realized (and it's not like expected to remember all of the reasons) that I'm still missing a lot. You can use that post for a bit of reference (and maybe some other drug-related ones I've written).

Comment why you want drug legalization, reply to other people, debate, etc., as long as it's respectful.

From Propaganda Templates


Become a Patron!

3 comments:

  1. As long as I do not harm others, what business is it of anyone else of what pharmaceuticals I decide to partake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incarceration! For young people is especially bad since they are often sent to a juvenile rehab center where they are frequently exposed to more serious offenders and get advanced studies in how to commit crimes such as auto theft, shoplifting, check forging. They then go on to try out those new skills once they are released. From there it is downward spiral. 30 years ago I had a cop tell me that if I could avoid it never send a kid to juvenile justice system.

    ReplyDelete
  3. because the majority of drugs, when taken in their purest form, are not damaging to the human body, and different drugs have other benefits, we all know the cannabis discussion, but many other drugs such as acid, MDMA, DMT all have their unique benefits.. Why else would every civilization ever used them socially, medically, recreationally and spiritually? Its just a shame that most can't experience pure drugs, because of the "war" , criminals run the drug scene and are putting everyone in danger with cutting their drugs with impure substances and creating violence.

    ReplyDelete